This has to be my partners new favourite winter warmer meal when we are home alone together!
A little warning though… lentils are fabulous for you, they are high in protein, good/healthy carbs and… extremely high in fibre so even though these lentils are certainly Moorish, I would recommend that you don’t want to go too overboard with them!!!
Makes: 4 main sized portions
- 200gm brown onion
- 1 medium red chilli
- 400gm tomato
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 300gm premium French style lentils
- 1 tsp. Master foods Greek seasoning
- 1 TBSP. Gravox traditional gravy powder
- 1.2ltrs water
- Olive oil for cooking
- 1 medium spring onion for serving
- Finely dice brown onion, chilli, garlic cloves, and tomato and place in separate piles on a plate or chopping board.
- Finely chop spring onion and reserve for later
- Heat a large metal pot on the stove top and once it is to a medium heat, add 2TBSPof olive oil
- Fry onion until translucent and then add garlic and cook for another minute until garlic is cooked through
- Add tomato to pot and cook until tomato chunks start to break down
- Add red chilli and cook for another 30 seconds
- Once chilli has been added and cooked, add water and allow water to come to a simmer.
- Add lentils and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes until lentils have become al dente.
- Add Greek seasoning and gravy powder and allow the sauce to thicken slightly (if you would like a thicker sauce add 1 TBSP corn flour with 1/4 cup water, make a slurry and add to the pot to thicken up).
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Just before serving, add spring onion.