I have had this recipe for a while now and it always ticks every box in flavour, health and convenience. It is my go to meal for the family when I come home from work after a long day. I know that I personally want something that is easy and won’t use up too many dishes (because lets face it who wants to spend their night cleaning up after dinner instead of relaxing).
I find that this dish is enough for me and my family without rice however if I do want to bulk up this recipe a bit, I will cook black rice to go with dish as it has a beautiful nutty flavour to it, which compliments the ingredients in this recipe so well!
Makes: 4 medium servings
- 600gm Scotch Fillet Steak
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Peanut Oil or Macadamia Oil
- 150gm Snow Peas or Sugar Snap Peas
- 1 Medium Red Capsicum (approximately 300gm)
- 1 Bunch Broccolini (approximately 300gm)
- 150gm Red or Brown Onion
- 80gm Roughly Chopped Peanuts
- 3 Medium Cloves of Garlic
- 1 TBSP Tamari
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 TBSP Peanut or Macadamia Oil
- 1 TBSP Honey
- Place steak in a large bowl with salt, pepper and oil and let it sit out of the fridge for 15 minutes to come to temperature.
- Meanwhile heat BBQ or griddle pan on a medium to high temperature to cook the steak.
- Top and tail snow peas/sugar snap peas and cut in half so that they are equal pieces (approximately 3cm long) and place in a pile on a long tray or chopping board.
- Slice capsicum flesh from the head of the capsicum, membrane and seeds and slice into long, thin, even strips and place in a separate pile on the long tray or chopping board with the snow peas/sugar snap peas.
- Cut broccolini into 3 equal pieces and place in a separate pile on the long tray or chopping board with the snow peas/sugar snap peas and capsicum.
- Thinly slice onion and place in a separate pile on the long tray or chopping board with the snow peas/sugar snap peas, capsicum and broccolini.
- Take steak out of the bowl and cook on BBQ or griddle pan for approximately 20 minutes until the steak is medium to medium well.
- Take steak off heat and place on a plate and cover with foil to rest.
- Heat large frypan or wok on high on stove top
- Place oils in frypan/wok and add in onion.
- Cook onion on a medium heat for 3 minutes until translucent
- Add garlic in wok/frypan and cook for 1 minute
- Add broccolini into wok/frypan and cook for 1 minute
- Add capsicum and snow peas/sugar snap peas into wok and cook for 1 minute
- turn up heat in fry pan/wok and add tamari and honey into wok and cook until the sugars in to honey start to caramelise and thicken.
- Thinly slice steak.
- SERVING – Place stir-fry in 4 medium bowls and place slice steak on top. Sprinkle each dish with peanuts and serve straight away.