It was a balmy 44°C over in Perth on Monday and as it was my last day of holidays, I decided to escape the heat by making some cool deliciousness in my favourite room in the house… that’s right… the kitchen.
Frappes are great to use up any of the older fruit that is leftover in your fridge at the end of the week (the older the fruit, the more intense of the flavour) and if you freeze all of your fruit before blending, you wont have to use any ice.
Making a lovely little treat like this on a hot day really picks up your spirits and gives you a new burst of energy!
Makes: 1 litre
- 2 frozen mango cheeks (approximately 250gm per cheek)
- 1 large ripe banana (approx 500gm)
- 1/2 cup frozen Goji berries
- 1/2 cup frozen Blueberries
- 1 cup orange and Mango juice
- 1 cup Cranberry juice
- Place tall glasses for serving in the freezer to cool while making the frappe
- Chop frozen mango into 3cm cubes and place in 1 Litre blender jug
- Roughly chop banana into 1 cm slices and place in blender jug
- Add Goji berries and blueberries and juices in the blender jug and blend until smooth
- Pour into tall cooled glass and enjoy straight away