I made these lovely bites for my housewarming/Christmas party a couple of weeks ago and all of my friends have asked for the recipe, so I thought instead of just sharing it with them, I would also share it with my blogging friends as well!
You can use the pan frying method I have used below or you can just pop them in the oven (200°C fan bake) on a baking tray with wire rack 🙂
Makes: Approximately 24 Bites
- 500gm chicken mince
- 500gm turkey mince
- 150gm baby spinach leaves
- 50gm unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 200gm aged feta
- 59gm egg (1 x extra-large egg)
- 250gm tri quinoa
- 400gm tomato medley mix
- 150gm sugar snap peas
- 10gm basil
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. wholegrain mustard
- seasoning to taste
Olive oil or coconut oil to cook
- Melt butter/ coconut oil in fry pan and wilt spinach leaves.
- Once spinach leaves are cool to touch, place in a fine sieve and strain half of the liquid out.
- Place mince into a large bowl and mix together.
- Crumble feta and mix into mince.
- Add the whole egg and mix into the bowl.
- Place mince mixture in a 1/3 cup measure or 6cm cookie cutter and shape into thick mince patties.
- Place quinoa on a flat plate and generously coat shaped mince all over. Place constructed bites in the fridge for 10 minutes to help set.
- While bites are setting in the fridge, construct salsa.
- Cut tomato medley into quarters, slice sugar snap peas into shards, finely chop basil and place in a medium-sized bowl
- Place olive oil, Dijon mustard, wholegrain mustard, balsamic vinegar and seasoning into a clean empty glass jar, screw lid on and shake until all ingredients have emulsified.
- Pour dressing onto tomato, sugar snap peas and basil and combine with hands until completely coated.
- Heat fry pan on a medium to high heat and fill pan 1cm deep with oil.
- Once oil is hot, take quinoa bites out of the fridge and place quinoa bites into the fry pan (5 to 6 bites at a time) and cook for 3 minutes each side or until quinoa bites are cooked through.
- Take bites out of fry pan and place on absorbent paper
- Place quinoa bites onto flat serving platter and place salsa on top
- Serve immediately and enjoy!